Since migrating to a new (bigger, faster) server with a new hosting company, we have been experiencing an unfortunate problem with the forum software crashing with increasing frequency. As of yet, we have not identified the problem, or a fix.
A decision regarding switching back to the former company will be made soon (likely within 24 hours). The good news is that they cut their prices in half withina week after the transition. The bad news is that we would have happily avoided a lot of extra work and headache if we had known about the price change in time.
Thank you for your patience. We share your frustration.